Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

JuJuBe Diaper Bag Review!

Hey!

I promised a review of our new diaper bag and here's the post! I'm so excited! When we were expecting with Easton, I didn't really care (more or less, I didn't really know how important my diaper bag would be) so I basically told Jake he could pick it out. I wanted a bag that he would be comfortable carrying and using even when I wasn't with him. So he picked out a very nice Oakley bag that we used as our diaper bag. Now don't get me wrong, it did the job, but it wasn't made to be a diaper bag. Therefore, it didn't have all of the nice features that a diaper bag has. Plus it was bag and inconvenient so I always ended up leaving it in the car and just shoving what I needed out of it into my purse.

If you know me, you know I have a problem when it comes to bag. Purses, wallets, over night bags, hand bags, you name it. I have seriously way too many. So my Michael Kors purse that Jake bought for me almost three years ago was my baby before Easton came along. But, with a baby, I quickly learned that my prized possession bag would take one hell of a beating. So when we found out we were expecting baby number two, I knew that a good diaper bag was a MUST! Especially having two in diapers and with how much stuff I will have to drag around with a toddler and a newborn.

So I began my hunt for a diaper bag. It was not a quick and easy hunt, might I add. I did a ton of research, read a zillion reviews, and spent countless nights scrolling through other mom blogs and reading their opinions. I went to a couple different stores and checked out a bunch in person. I finally had my heart set on a JuJuBe bag. The company JuJuBe is a company that makes mom-friendly bags I'm beautiful styles and prints. They pride themselves for being "the bag designed by a mom - for a mom". They are wonderful! I will warn you, before you go any further, they are a tad but pricey - but completely WORTH it! 

I originally purchased my first JuJuBe bag in the "First Lady" print. When I did my research, I immediately knew I wanted a bag in the "First Lady" print. It's black and white stripes, very clean and neutral, and I knew it would go with everything. At the time, I decided on the JuJuBe "BFF" bag. Here's a picture of it:


The bag was beautiful! The kind of bag that you wanted to set on your night stand at night to admire when you first wake up the next morning. It comes with a shoulder strap and two backpack straps, which is nice to use when you have your hands full. It has two separate insulated bottle holders on each side and another two on the inside. All JuJuBe bags come with their own matching diaper changing pad that's made of memory foam, and is super soft and comfy. It also has a "mommy pocket" which is one of the BIG things that steered me to JuJuBe bags. The "mommy pocket" is a double zip down pocket in the front with tons of great compartments for all of your "mom" stuff and it is meant to "eliminate" your everyday purse - so now you only have to carry one bag! Knowing that I was going to have two kids, this was very important to me.

Back to the bag! I loved it! But after having it for a couple of weeks, I knew it wasn't meant for us. It wasn't going to be big enough to hold everything I was going to need for two babies and my whole reasoning of needed a new bag was initionally needed more room. So, with a very big sad face, I returned my bag. But don't worry, the sad face only lasted a very short couple of minutes. We did an upgrade - with another JuJuBe bag! 

Say hello to the JuJuBe "Be Prepared"! This bag was specifically designed for a "mom-of-2" which exactly what we need needed! It has a HUGE center pocket that zips all the way down for easy access, bottle spots on the inside, two seperate insulated bottle compartments on the outside, a nice, big diaper changing pad (that will even hold my big, crazy toddler) and a huge "mommy" pocket. It has tons of zippered pockets on the inside for all my little needs. It's great! The only downfall I've come across is that this bag does not have the backpack strap option. I completely understand why; it's a big bag and would just be too bulky and heavy to be used as a backpack and I don't think the top part of the bag could support it enough to be used as a backpack. But I don't mind it! It fits into our stroller nicely (that review will be up shortly) and it's so stylish. I did choose a different print though. I know, I know, I swore by the "First Lady". But here me out. The black and white stripes are thick stripes (as the picture shows above). The white looked "dirty" after a short amount of time. And even though most of it came out clean with a Magic Eraser and some elbow grease, it's not my first choice anymore. I love my bags, like I've said before, and I take excellent care of them. But with two babies, I can't spend an hour a week scrubbing a bag - that's just not realistic. This time, we went with the "Queen Of The Nile" print - which is equally as beautiful. It's fine print stripes, so it's more of a "grey" shade, which hides the dirt so much more! (And in mommy world, that means less time cleaning it and more time enjoying it). I love it! Here's a picture:


JuJuBe also makes TONS of great accessories for their diaper bags too. I got sucked into that portal. I purchased one of the "Paci-Pods" which is a cute little zippered pouch that holds two separate pacifiers for safe keeping. I bought mine in the "First Lady" print when I initially bought my first bag, and I chose to keep it even when I returned my BFF First Lady print. I also have a key fob in the First Lady print that I love too! There's tons of other little zippered bags and compartments for things, and I'm sure I will end up buying more, but for now, this is what we have - and I swear by it all! 

I wanted to do a video review of what is packed in our bag, but being this far along and we have so much going on, especially with a busy toddler, it's just not going to happen anytime soon. But eventually I will I promise! 

Also, be sure to check lots of stores for your JuJuBe bag before ordering from them direct. Our nearest Buy Buy Baby carries them and they have weekly coupons, and they also take competitors coupons. I used a "20% off one item" coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond and that saved me a ton! So remember to check for deals mamas! 


Xoxo,
Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment