Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Ipsy October Glam Bag Review


Over the past year and a half I have become a little obsessed with make up. I mean, who doesn't envy the girl who has perfect make up every single day? I know I do. And I was sick of my same old, predictable, 5 minute make up routine. So I was determined to change that. But make up is so dang expensive! It's super hard justifying spending so much money on something when you don't even know if you like it; especially being on a stay-at-home-mom budget.

Facebook came through for me though. You know those "sponsored adds" that none of us asked for but Facebook gladly blessed us with them but putting them on our newsfeed? Well it paid of for Facebook. This little box called "Ipsy" popped up one day and everything changed. If you know what Ipsy is then you are probably just as in love with it as I am. If you haven't heard of it and you're a make up lover like I am, then you're in for a treat!

Ipsy is a make up company with a brilliant concept. Each month they send you a "glam bag". Inside your "glam bag" (which is a nice, reusable make up bag), you receive free samples of beauty products ranging anywhere from make up, hair products, skin products, nail products, and even perfume samples. They have this survey you complete when you sign up that asks you tons of personalized questions about yourself like the type of skin you have, your complexion, your hair type and how you style it, what are your favorite types of samples and tons more. They really customize your bag to fit you so you get the best samples that you can relate to the most! It's awesome!! The best part of it - the cost! For this cute glam bag filled with awesome samples mailed right to your house it will only cost you $10 a month!!! That's right - ONLY $10! How amazing is that!??? Another awesome thing - they have an app you can download and each month they ask you to review each product. You can let them know what you loved about the stuff inside your bag and the things you weren't too fond of. They take your feedback and be sure to take notes for the next upcoming month. And as a bonus: for every review that you do, and every person you refer, you get points. Once your points build, you can exchange them for products! Amazing! I swear I tell everyone about this. I've already made 4 of my friends and my sister jump on this band wagon. You can't go wrong!!

So many people are skeptical about buying things online or things they haven't tried out before. I am definitely one of those people. But this has been the perfect way for me to try out products that I've been wanting to try without spending all of the money on them without truly knowing if I was going to love it. For those of you who are like that, I have your answer! It's Ipsy!!

I decided to do a review of my October glam bag and to show you guys the products. I am in love with this month (no joke - I texted all of my friends asking what they got in theirs because I was dying to know)!

Here it is (I told you - amazing!):


Elizabeth Grant "Green Power C" Hydrating Cleanser
I am usually skeptical about trying new facial products because my skin is pretty sensitive and my daily face-washing routine works for me (but that's a whole different post). Since the seasons are changing and the weather is getting cold, I have noticed my skin is getting a little bit dry. So I decided to test out this sample sized hydrating cleanser to see if I noticed a difference. Once I opened the bottle, I was even more willing to try it because it has a very mild, soft scent (I'm not about those face washes that you can smell a mile away). After washing my face, it did feel a little more hydrated! It felt like I just got out of swimming in a pool all day and I was loving it! Hydration - check!!


Kokie Professional Nail Polish in the color "Heavenly"
The color is beautiful; somewhere in between a blue, purple, and grey. Perfect for winter! The bottle was pretty too. The consistency is nice and creamy - almost like a milky base. It was on smooth and only took two coats. I've had it on for three days now and it still looks great. Ignore my ugly cuticles but take a look for yourself. I say it's a win!


Ciaté Fierce Flicks Eye Liner in black
I will be the first to admit that I am an atomic "fail" when it comes to eye liner. I haven't master that perfect wing, let alone any type of wing. All you get from me is a line, and an even set of lines if you're lucky. But this was surprisingly easy to use. I like that it is thicker that your typical eyeliner pencil. When I tested it on my hand, I tried to rub it off but that stuff wasn't budging. This is perfect for all day wear!


TréStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in "Belize Bordeaux"
Perfection! This is the prettiest lip color for fall. A deep, rich, red that's a perfect mixture of the shades burgundy and wine. It would look great on a fall date night or even a day time trip to the apple orchard. Matte is all the rave these days and it does a good job at staying put. I wore it for our family pictures this past weekend and it was still there after dinner that evening. I give this one an A+


Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in shade: 127=Y335
I was SO excited what I opened up my glam bag and saw this sample. I have been dying to try this foundation because I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, but spending $43 when I didn't know if I would love it just wasn't going to happen. So you could only imagine how excited I was when I saw this. And just like I've heard - it was amazing! It went on super easy and blended well with my Beauty Blender. The coverage was great and it did not feel super thick or cakey on my face like some foundations do. It left my face with a very "airbrushed" look and I love it. Ipsy color matched me perfectly - like to a T! I love it so much that once this sample size runs out, I will definitely be buying the full size bottle to use as my daily foundation! Love, love, LOVE!



The glam bag itself is always so cute too. Obviously with it being October, Ipsy couldn't resist doing a Halloween themed bag. Super cute! These bags are perfect for so many things. Keep essentials in them and leave one in the car or your diaper bag. They're perfect to put cute little stocking stuffers in and give them to your friends. Use as a pencil bag or store your feminine products in them to keep them hidden on-the-go. So many great uses!!!


If you already have Ipsy, you probably got an awesome bag this month. Be sure to comment and share with me your great beauty steals you scored. If you haven't jumped on the train, head on over to Ipsy using this link to sign up! Trust me, you won't regret it!


Stay Beautified!
Christine


Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were sent to me from Ipsy that I had purchased with my own money. I was not obligated in any way to review or share them with you and I am not being compensated to mention them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment