Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

It's Almost Time....

Hi guys!

I haven't posted about my pregnancy lately and I'm sorry. Life has just been crazy and honestly, the time goes by so fast! But I'm here now and ready to spill all the beans.

Right now I'm almost 37 weeks and I'd have to say the last month has been truly testing. Easton was born at 35 weeks so I never had to go through the "ending" of a pregnancy. Boy, is it rough. It's true when they say there comes a point when your body just can't grow anymore - but that doesn't stop your kid from growing. Stretch marks have approached me, I've noticed my face getting bigger, and my appetite has taken a turn for the worst. Acid reflux is rudely making an appearance numerous times throughout the day. The lower pelvic pressure has been extremely painful and uncomfortable. Swelling - especially with this summer heat - has been a journey in itself. And the exhaustion is at an all time high, sucking every ounce of energy I have straight from me. Has it been hard? That would be an understatement. Completely worth it? Yes. This time around has been much different then it was with Easton and I can honestly say that it's true that every single pregnancy is different. So many high fives and perks go to you mamas out there who have gone past your due date; I don't know how you did it! I am having preeclampsia again this time around, so again, I am being induced and we already have our date assigned for next week. So for us, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. After my appointment today; no more fetal monitorings, no more weekly doctors appts, no more blood work. Just a long weekend spent with my little family of three before the long, anticipated arrival of our fourth addition!

Jake usually works on Saturdays but ironically (and thankfully) he has tomorrow off. I've made it a point numerous times that we will be doing A LOT of fun family things this weekend. I really want us to spend family time and individual time with Easton. I want him to feel extra special. And I really want to take the ending of this chapter of our lives in fully and completely. The fact that we are able to have children, let alone more than one, is a huge blessing itself. And although I know that this is going to be such a beautiful, wonderful, experience for our family; I can't help but feel a little sad. Sad in a bittersweet kind of way. Easton is our first born. We learned how to become parents with him. We learned about struggle and sacrifice. We shared all of our firsts together. He changed our lives in ways that we could never even explain. It has been a beautiful experience, and part of me is sad knowing that things will soon change. It won't be the three of us anymore, soon there will be four. 

It's been a beautiful ride, to say the least. My son has brought so much joy to my life. Words can't even explain how much he has changed us for the better, and how much of a blessing he is. But with all of that being said, I know that our next little guy will be just as perfect. He will bring so much more joy to all of us and change all of us even more for the better. He will bring joy to his brother who will now have a built in partner in crime and best friend. We will bring even more happiness to us as parents. These next couple of days, I will hold Easton a little tighter. I will carry him whenever he wants and he will fall asleep in my arms. We will play with new toys and share ice cream cones and make huge messes. I will be sure to fully take in every single giggle and laugh, every moment he stops to concentrate on something, every word he tries to say and every snuggle he gives. He will have my undivided attention. I will hold him close and take in these last few days of it just being him. 





This chapter of our lives is ending, and a new one will soon begin. It's bittersweet but exciting, sad but glorious. God is blessing us with another life, and we couldn't be more thankful for that. Here's to a weekend filled with more love than ever. Happy Friday everyone!

Xoxo,
Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment