Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 Here We Come!


I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a happy new year! Things were crazy (as always) in the Andrews house. The holidays bring a whole new meaning to the word "busy". Between Jake and myself, we have so much family to visit with that we are constantly on the go! Also, this was the first year that Easton really got the concept of unwrapping presents. He finally knows who Santa is (he can point him out in a picture and he will tell you that Santa says "ho ho ho") but I'm not too sure he understands the concept of it all yet. I think next year will really be our year of full blow Santa celebrations and what not. I decided against doing Elf on the Shelf this year mainly because I had so much other stuff going on. So next year we will start that too. We rung in the new year at home with family and we've really enjoyed the extra time we get with Jake during the holiday season. I tend to be a neat freak so the day after Christmas (9am the next morning to be exact) I took all the Christmas stuff down. I was over the clutter and madness of it all and boxed it all up and down into storage in the basement it went! We did a major clean of the whole house, did a toy haul and got rid of a bunch, and organized all the new things we got. It seems like the "busy" never stops, it just changes. LOL!

Now that the hustle and bustle of the holidays has come to an end, it's time to start the new year with a positive attitude - which is exactly what I did! One thing I knew I wanted to do this year was make a family resolution list for 2017! Basically it's a list of goals and things we would like to accomplish as a family this year. If you haven't made one, get on it! I plan on printing ours out and putting it in a frame in our living room so we have a constant reminder of them! Here's ours:

Rely LESS on electronics and MORE on each other
Spend one night a week doing a family activity
Do at least one large family activity once a month
Read a book every single night before bed
Live a healthier lifestyle; food, vitamins, exercise, sleep
Spend more quality time with family and friends
Dedicate time to giving and helping others

On to another exciting note.... I have decided to start a Vlog! For those of you who don't know what a Vlog is, it is a video blog! Basically; instead of typing out blog posts, I make videos saying what I would be typing about instead! I have found, for me, it is way easier than typing because I can do it on the go with my phone, or do it at home with my computer! I am super excited about this because I have been "himin and hawin" about it for a long time and finally decided to jump right in! I will post the videos that I make on YouTube and will also link them to my Facebook, but I will also still post them here on the blog so they are easy to view and easy to find if you ever want to reference back to any of them!


So thank you all for supporting me and reading my blog posts in 2016! I can only hope that 2017 is that much more better! Be sure to continue to follow us and our crazy lives here on the blog and on our YouTube channel for the vlog posts! If there is any topics you would like covered or any questions you have, leave me a comment below! And be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a beat! 


Watch out 2017.... The Andrews family is coming in full force!!

No comments:

Post a Comment